02 July, 2014

Melacca Cendol : Jongker 88 vs QQ ICE

It's been awhile since last update my blog. Sorry for all these nonsensical excuses. If you happen to be a close friend of mine you would know that i went for a mini-getwaway to Melacca with my family. Even if you're not a close friend of mine. Haha! It's okay. No big deal. Anyway, as you can see the title of this blogpost there is 2 shop that are well known for their cendol which is "Jongker 88" and "QQ ICE". Both of these stalls are located at the middle of the Jongker Walk (it's easy to find). Before i start to show you the picture spam, i would want to declare that i do not know the price (cause my parents pay for it) and I did not capture the photo of every single dish we've ordered (cause everyone is busy eating)
Although I am a Malaysian but it is my first time to spent my mini-getaway at Melacca. So, I'd been every excited for this trip. Jongker Walk is something like a night market. My mom loves the cendol over there and of course i went there, Jongker 88. Before i even enter the shop, it was crowded. VERY CROWDED. People are queuing up to buy themselves cendol or ais kacang or etc. Not only that, but their customers were standing while eating at the same time as they do not have a seat to sit. Cause like i mention, it is very very crowded. 












Baba Cendol
RM 4
Sago Cendol
RM 5
Sagu Gula Melaka
RM 4
Mom told me she loves their cendol so much. It is special because of the taste of the gula melaka. Plus, it has sago too! Who don't love sago. Although mummy enjoy it alot. But my sisters and I still prefer the Penang Cendol if compare to this. At that time, i don't really understand why there are so many peoples are craving for this. I was like "Ohh, i guess it is depends on the person's liking". For example, i do not like it but my mom loves it. haha! It explain everything.
On the second day of my Melacca trip, my family and I went to Jongker Walk, AGAIN. After having our lunch, we're very thirsty and we need mouth watering desserts and all of us plan to go for the Jongker 88. Haplessly, the cafe is as crowded as usual. We all don't expect to stand while eating or eating when there are a lot of people are standing next to you until you finish your meal. So boh song you know. Therefore, we went for a another shop which is just next to Jongker 88, QQ ICE. Seats are available and it is spacious. We ordered rojak, cendol, mix fruits and etc. 




My siblings and I think that QQ ICE 's cendol taste better than the previous cendol. But of course, my mummy still prefer the Jongker 88's cendol. haha! Maybe it's like i mentioned, it's depends on that particlar person's liking. hehe. One thing that i love about melacca cendol is because of their Melacca Sugar. It is sweet and has a thick consistency. So, dear readers: Have you been there? If yes, do share with me of what's your opinion but if you have not, it's alright. Make sure you'll check this out in the future! 
Till here, X.

No comments:

Post a Comment